On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Kenny Emond <cheeseylem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What type of printer interface/language does FreeDOS support? Does it
> support PCL ver3? For example, would I be able to use an HP Deskjet 950c (
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpd07350&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=57835
> ) with FreeDOS? Thanks for the help,

I don't believe FreeDOS *cares*.  It simply passes the print stream to
the port the printer is on.  The printer sees an arbitrary stream of
bytes that may be control code or printable text. If the application
you are printing from uses PCL, and your printer supports it, things
should work.

The question is how the printer hooks up, and whether FreeDOS can see
a device there.  If the printer hooks up to a parallel or serial port,
things should work.  If it uses USB, a driver may be needed to
establish communications and make the USB port look like a serial or
parallel port..

>                --- Kenny
______
Dennis