Rugxulo,

From:   Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:31:31 -0600
> Do you also have a working floppy drive? Working CD drive?

Both.  I had hoped to use the CD made from file fd11src.iso
to install FreeDOS.  Isn't that the recommended procedure?

> FDISK creates at least one partition (primary, active, FAT, presumably
> bootable) for DOS. (This is written into the partition table, ...

OK.  If it damages the table in the process, there will be
a problem accessing data on parts 2, 3 or 4.  Exactly what
I wish to avoid.

> even better use GParted (if possible) or SPFdisk, ...

The FreeDOS 1.1 Base CD offers to apply fdisk;  but you
recommend not using it?  An installer which should not be used?

> ... make sure the partition ("drive") ...

There's that ambiguity again.  Do you mean hard disk drive as
in /dev/sda or part of a drive as in /dev/sda1, /dev/sda2 and etc.

Ref. http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html

Thanks for the ideas,       ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +13606390202  Bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca  http://carnot.yi.org/