Hi,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Santiago Almenara <almen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I find the default size for the watcom stack?

Dunno. I think it used to be 4 kb for 16-bit targets, but they may??
have increased it to 16 kb in the meantime.

http://www.openwatcom.com/index.php/C_Compilers_Release_Changes

That says 1.7 increased 32-bit stack from 4 kb to 64 kb by default.
(But 16-bit stack is probably smaller for obvious reasons.)

(Note that I vaguely remember the warning that any map file created
won't reflect changes in stack and only reports default size.)

> If you use "stack=4096", it means the default stack size might be much
> smaller than the 16384 I am using.

Don't put big arrays on the stack. As mentioned, dynamically allocate
them from the heap via malloc or similar. Or statically declare them
global, but ....   ;-)

BTW, "stack=" is a WLINK option. I think you can also change it at
compile time with "-k" switch. (Not sure if there is any functional
difference here, doubt it, just mentioning for completeness.)

-k<stack_size> set stack size