On 01/13/13 22:21, Thomas D. Dean wrote:

> scan   ascii   key
>    0       8     backspace
>
>    0      27     del  <-- two codes
>    0      126

This is correct.  ^H also returns the cursor to the upper left with no
erase.

The machine is an ARM Elan 520 SBC with the console on com2, selected bu
jumper.

I can boot General Software Embedded DOS on this machine.  At the
command prompt, it behaves as I would expect, backspace erases the
previous character, del deletes the line.

I can boot FreeBSD 9.0 (nanoBSD) on the machine.  Backspace and delete
act properly, the same as GDOS.

I was looking for a 32-bit platform with little or no overhead, so I
tried FreeDOS, again.

Tom Dean