> I'll look into it, I normally have difficulty with code not written by me
> as the learning curve seems steep.
> Does it have vga font code in it ? Maybe I can learn from it to improve my
> vgalib.h
>
> -Chris

FLTK does not expect you to read and change the code of the library. It has
an extended API which is well documented on the FLTK web site. (This site is
down at the moment, however.) If you scroll through this API you will see it
is far too much work to rewrite this again for a single programmer. FLTK is
for C++ applications though, you cannot use it with C, Basic or Assembler.
It competes with GTK+ and has a smaller footprint than that GUI toolkit.
Most programmers use GTK+ without reading the source code first.

I ported a small Xlib compatible library to DOS: nano-X/NXlib. For this port
I wrote a VESA driver, keyboard and mouse driver.

Based on NXlib I ported FLTK to DOS which did not require a lot of code
changes for that.

Now I am currently porting and extending Linux FLTK applications to DOS.

So it depends what you want to do: if you are interested just to see how one
can write a GUI toolkit, continue your existing project.

If you plan to write applications that use a GUI toolkit, using FLTK would
be a shortcut of several years.

Georg