Using my FLTK port to DOS I developed a new graphical email client program
for DOS. You can download it here:
http://nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos.googlecode.com/files/FLMAIL91.zip

It features SSL/TLS for both SMTP and POP and therefore works with Gmail,
Yahoo, Outlook/Hotmail, AOL and more email servers.

It displays emails in text and simple HTML, supports multiple email accounts
and features an addressbook.

Here are a few screenshots of FlMail:
https://code.google.com/p/nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos/wiki/FlMail

There is a user guide in PDF format included which explains how to use the
software. I recommend to take a look at it. It includes example setups for
major email providers.

Georg