I tried about 3 of the mentioned viewers and 2 of the 3 worked well.
display was pretty good and lxpic was great! Thanks!

I'm interested in viewing the common file formats (jpeg, png, etc) and
I was intrigued by Pictview's claim of being able to view Photoshop
files (psd). But if I can view common image files with lxpic, I'm fine
with that.

By the way, I don't seem to have a config.sys file. Is it optional?