On 2014-07-12 12:03 (GMT-0700) Dave Stevens composed:

> I need to make a bootable DOS disk and don't see how. I have a
> computer that needs a BIOS update. Instructions are to make a bootable
> DOZ diskette, boot from that, run the manufactorer's update program
> and the BIOS update will be copied into the ROM. But! the smallest
> boot diskette I can make doesn't have enough room for the update
> program and the BIOS image.

You don't need everything on one floppy. Put the BIOS image on a separate
floppy. After booting, switch floppies, then flash.

You don't have to use a floppy. All you really need is any boot disk that
doesn't load drivers or other fluff into RAM during boot. If you have an
extra HD, create a small DOS partition on it, do format C: /S, put the flash
program and bios image on it, boot from it without any AUTOEXEC.BAT or
CONFIG.SYS, then flash.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/