Thomas Mueller <mueller6...@twc.com> said:

> There are some Linux distros for older computers, and NetBSD and
> FreeBSD can be installed on older computers.
> But building packages or the system from source is likely to be
> prohibitively slow on older machines.

  But these distros do not run newer browsers. Indeed, there will
 be even less apps available to a Linux distro that runs (plods ?)
 in a 486 or early Pentium than to DOS.

> But there are some websites where lack of Flash support only stops
> junk advertising from showing.

 Fortunately, most of those that use Flash fall in this category.

 I agree with D M Cunney that javascript is the most important
shortcoming of DOS browsers, but I think HTML5 less needed
than SSL v3

 JAS