Hi list,

As I wrote before, the issue that some of you encounter IS an issue on
ibiblio's side.

Sometimes, they decide to allow HTTP directory listings, and sometimes
not. This is not anything new, since I have observed this behaviour for
many months now.

There is no point in fiddling with your browser, your PC, or whatever
that is local to you. You are not the problem. iBiblio is.

Using FTP is an easy workaround, there, they never disallow directories
listings:
ftp://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/

Now, since the issue seems to cause a general panic on the list, I
looked more closely to it. In my previous message, I wrote that they
might use a load balanced servers farm with inconsistent http
configuration across nodes. This is still a possibility, but I also came
up to another observation - basing on my limited tests (from last 10
minutes), I see that they disallow directory listings over IPv6, but not
over IPv4.

Below is an extract of telnet tests I performed that proves the point
above (headers only).

=== over IPv6 ===
mateusz@mateusz:~> telnet www.ibiblio.org 80
Trying 2610:28:3090:3000:0:bad:cafe:23...
Connected to www.ibiblio.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1/repos/ HTTP/1.0
Host: www.ibiblio.org

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden