Shane,
THANK YOU! I tried every  "redirect" to a filename that was possible with
no success. Then when I also tried MS-DOS 7.10 & the error popped I thought
it was probably a "vintage" syntax issue but I could not see what was
supposed to be happening at that point. After changing the script, this
worked at it should. I am just learning about debugging and like you I have
no problem with this particular compatibility issue.
Thanks Again!