I have been able to clone a hd image to cd, from FreeDOS but have not been
successful in actually burning a cdimage to a cd. Why not just zip an
installation and copy that to a cd? Then you can use a burner such as
WinIso or K3B, use the boot image from the all_cd or another FreeDOS iso
(make sure you add unzip and a few aux files to the boot image before
burning. Then you could have a custom fresh install specific to your
system.