Thanks for the more detailed report. Can you confirm please that you get
all the "-15" errors using FNDPKG v0.99.3, and not any earlier version?
To know the exact version you are using, simply run FDNPKG without any
arguments. It will print its version somewhere at the top of the screen.

-15 is a general failure of the deflate library, so if this does happen
on the latest version of FDNPKG, then it is quite alarming. I
triple-checked the installation of various BASE packages using v0.99.3,
but haven't got into any troubles. Can you provide the name of one
package you have problems with, so I can test this one specifically?

Note, that the FDNPKG binary on the bootable image is quite old -
probably v0.98 or so.

Mateusz