Okay, I'm not sure I understand the wholeness of your situation, but is
it right to sum it up like this? "you had troubles because of using a
severly outdated FDNPKG v0.96 that was embedded inside the boot.img
portion of all_cd.iso" ?

If that's correct, then the problem should be gone by now, since I
updated the all_cd.iso's boot image yesterday with latest FDNPKG
(v0.99.3). Can you confirm it's all good for you now?

The fact that you get CRC errors using pkunzip is odd, though. Sounds
like it might be some hardware trouble, or disk/cd driver incompatibility...

Mateusz