> Which VirtualBox?

VBox 5.0.12, 64-bit, host is 64 bit Windows 8.1

> Which boot option?

Default, #1.  I have since modified fdconfig.sys to auto boot into option 4.
Keyboard works, disk mounting works, everything works without those fancy
drivers loaded.  I believe it’s probably a conflict with virtualbox and not
something easily resolved.

> Are you using a wireless USB keyboard?

Nope.  I am on a laptop, if that matters.

> What language/keyboard…

I chose English/US the first time. It only froze on the first attempt.

I ended up reinstalling FreeDOS with only the base and kernel packages, and the
boot problem persisted.  See my comment about amending fdconfig.sys above.

> You mean from this particular iso?

Yes.

> What happened to classic F5?

When you boot from the CD iso, you get a bootloader menu.  F5 does nothing
there.  F5 does what it’s supposed to when booting from the harddisk.

Anyway, I don’t need the extra drivers.  I have successfully installed a few
packages (nasm, watcom, etc.) and have progressed to working on a text mode
interface for a specific application (which is why I even tried to use FreeDOS).

Thanks for all the help!

73 Matt Rienzo W9ERA
B.S.E.E | B.S. Music