> On Mar 29, 2016, at 1:26 PM, Thomsen Thomsen <thomsen.thom...@mail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello. I managed to create a bootable USB key running FreeDos using Rufus
> (http://www.howtogeek.com/136987/how-to-create-a-bootable-dos-usb-drive/). It
> works well and boots fine. I even managed to move files to the USB key. I
> wanted to install some of the programs from http://www.freedos.org/software/.
> In general I couldn't get this to work. Is there a way to get the "full
> install" on a bootable USB key? I don't have a bunch of experience.

Hello,

I recently made some additions to FDIMPLES and the FreeDOS Installer Preview
USB stick images.

http://up.lod.bz/FDI

So, starting with FDIMPLES 0.9.1, you can easily update what packages get
installed with
both BASE and ALL on the distributed USB stick images. You can make additions
and
removals to both package sets permanently to you USB stick. This would include
packages
that are not even on the shipped install media.

Simply add you package to an appropriate subdirectory under \FDSETUP\PACKAGES
like
GAMES, UTIL or even a new directory like MYSTUFF.

You should boot the install media and quit to DOS.

Run “fdimples /config”

You can then locate your package and set it’s state to none, B or A (not
installed,
BASE or BASE + ALL) by using the space/enter key.

When finished making changes, select OK and the package lists for that USB stick
wil be updated.

If you wish, you can copy the packages LSM file to the \FDSETUP\PKGINFO as a
.TXT
file. But, this is not required. However, it does allow FDIMPLES to display the
package
description information.

Thanks, Jerome