Hi,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Eric Gorr <mail...@ericgorr.net> wrote:

>> On Apr 9, 2016, at 9:40 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You don't absolutely need an installer at all.
>>
>> fdisk, (reboot), format, sys, (download or copy files)
>
> I am not sure I understand the steps involved here.

1). http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/fdisk.htm
2). http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/format.htm
3). http://help.fdos.org/en/hhstndrd/base/sys.htm

Ulrich Hansen previously pointed us to a nice MS-DOS installation
tutorial he found online, so it may give you some idea of what's going
on. E.g. it mentions fdisk and format (under "Hard Disk Preparation"):
   http://www.legroom.net/howto/msdos

But a VM or bootable USB is safer, if you aren't sure what to do exactly.