From: "Herminio Hernandez, Jr." <herminio.hernande...@gmail.com>

--===============5566256051986094646==

--94eb2c1b4eaad5cf3c05477bff02

I realized it was a listening issue. I ran netcat to listen on a port and I
was able to test that the port was open.

Thanks for the feedback!

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM,  <herminio.hernande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2. is there a way to set FreeDOS as a VNC, telnet, or even SSH server?
> > I would have a full screen session when playing some of the DOS games.
>
> First of all, I misread your question. But, just for clarity, (IIRC)
> you can make VBox full-screen using Host-F (N.B. Host is usually Right
> Ctrl).
>
> Secondly, although this isn't super helpful advice (and yet
> freedos.org does imply gaming), I don't think VirtualBox is ideal for
> games. It just lacks some compatibility that some games need. Maybe
> it'll work for some of your use cases, but normally it is suggested to
> use (non-FreeDOS) DOSBox emulator instead, which has much better sound
> and graphics support and can dynamically adjust cycles (among other
> things).

--94eb2c1b4eaad5cf3c05477bff02

class="gmail_quote">On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Rugxulo <span
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:rugx...@gmail.com";
class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi,<br>
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:14 PM,-a &lt;<a
href="mailto:herminio.hernande...@gmail.com";>herminio.hernandezjr@gmail.<wbr>com</a>&gt;
 wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 2. is there a way to set FreeDOS as a VNC, telnet, or even SSH server?<br>
&gt; I would have a full screen session when playing some of the DOS games.<br>
you can make VBox full-screen using Host-F (N.B. Host is usually Right<br>
Ctrl).<br>
Secondly, although this isn&#39;t super helpful advice (and yet<br>
does imply gaming), I don&#39;t think VirtualBox is ideal for<br>
games. It just lacks some compatibility that some games need. Maybe<br>
it&#39;ll work for some of your use cases, but normally it is suggested to<br>
use (non-FreeDOS) DOSBox emulator instead, which has much better sound<br>
and graphics support and can dynamically adjust cycles (among other<br>
things).<br>
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world&#39;s most<br>
target="_blank">http://sdm.link/slashdot</a><br>

--94eb2c1b4eaad5cf3c05477bff02--

--===============5566256051986094646==

--===============5566256051986094646==--

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net