From: Mateusz Viste <mate...@nospam.viste.fr>

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 04:39:35 -0500, Rugxulo wrote:
> It worked fine (redirecting) for me yesterday! I can't imagine why it
> wouldn't work for you.
>
> Oh, before I forget, are you perhaps invoking NDISASM via some .BAT?
> Of course a .BAT doesn't really redirect (under FreeCOM) without kludge,
> e.g. "%COMSPEC% /c".

Ha, yes - you nailed it, Rugxulo. Indeed I was calling ndisasm from
within a sneaky ndisasm.bat file (auto-generated by FDNPKG inside my
PATH). As said before, I didn't really investigate the problem (for a
reason that should be obvious by now) - saw it doesn't work out of the
box, went to the "-l" nasm listing, done. But thanks to you the reason is
clear now. It's at least the second time this "FDNPKG generates BAT
files" thing bites me. I should definitively address this problem
eventually. I have to say however that I prefer the "-l" listing anyway,
because it preserves the comments (even though it lies a little bit
sometimes on the JZ thing).

> Maybe you should use Lazy Assembler (LZASM)?!

Didn't know that one (too lazy to google it out), but it does sound
extremely well suited to me!

cheers,
Mateusz

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net