On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Santiago Almenara <almen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I have re-discovered Qemu after using Virtualbox for FreeDOS for a couple of
> years. Since qemu is mostly for command-line use (I don't use any laucher yet)
>
> I'd like to ask what are the options you usually use in Qemu.
>
> My options are:
>
> qemu-system.i386 -localtime -hda freedos.img -m 64 -soundhw sb16,adlib,pcspk
>
> Some thoughts:
>
> - Are any additional options I should use for DOS??
> - My system is a Linux 64-bits, but I am not sure if I should use either
> qemu-system-i386 or qemu-system-x64.

I use QEMU to boot FreeDOS on my Linux system at home. I just did the
upgrade to Fedora 26beta, so I haven't tried QEMU under that yet, but
FreeDOS 1.2 worked fine in Fedora 25, including sound.

I'll share the options I use later tonight or tomorrow, when I can
boot my home system. I have a script to launch it the same way every
time. I don't use pcspk, but the rest of the options look similar.