> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Santiago Almenara <almen...@gmail.com>
[..]

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
> I use QEMU to boot FreeDOS on my Linux system at home.
[..]
> I'll share the options I use later tonight or tomorrow, when I can
> boot my home system. I have a script to launch it the same way every
> time. I don't use pcspk, but the rest of the options look similar.

These are my options. To make them easier to read, I'll split them up
into groups:

For the basic VM: 32MB memory, US keyboard, local time. Fill in the
blanks for your hard drive image and your CDROM image.

-m 32 -k en-us -rtc base=localtime -hda ___ -cdrom ___ -boot order=cd

..or if I'm installing FreeDOS from the CDROM media:

.. -boot order=dc

For the network: NE2000 ISA card (haven't tested yet though)

-device ne2k_isa

For sound: SoundBlaster16 with Adlib support

-soundhw sb16,adlib

For video: standard Cirrus VGA

-device cirrus-vga

For display: use SDL

-display sdl

Some of these options may be extraneous (might be set by default) but
I figured I should set them anyway so I knew what the values are.

I create my hard drive image as 200MB, using this command line:

qemu-img create ___ 200M

Jim