I have a DP 2.3 which I bought from the following site:
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/wp.htm

It is a very popular DOS database and still has a large if not cult-like
following of users.
In the mid - 90s Novell released it as "Copyrighted Freeware" .

It has received regular (for DOS anyway) updates by Lew Bastian (currently
on version 2.6y) and although it lacks the features and  "polish" that a
DBase V application might display, in my opinion if you want a db that
just works, DP is the one to choose.
Here is a link to a PDF which has everything you will ever need to know
https://www.dataperfect.nl/files/masteringdataperfect.pdf