Hi,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 10:40 PM, Karen Lewellen
<klewel...@shellworld.net> wrote:

> I have a former IBM engineer who builds and maintains all of my computers as
> I  run Dos exclusively.

Yes, I knew you ran MS-DOS, you've mentioned it before.   :-)

I'm glad somebody is willing to help. Things like this are a bit tricky.

> There was a specific lynx package written by dug Kaufman that I may request
> be updated.

I don't think he's still active, but I could be wrong.

> Worth it for me as presently I do all of my Internet work via ssh telnet to
> services like shellworld.

Yes, you've mentioned it before. I presume that Lynx may be the most
useful there.

> Will skip the dos extender as  the edition of dos I have is of the later
> ms dos variety.
> Thanks for providing an explanation though!

Hmmm? There's nothing to skip, it's just DPMI (usually CWSDPMI), which
is similar to (but not quite) a DOS extender. So only if you're not
running an OS that already has its own DPMI server, you just download
CWSDPMI and put it in the same directory (or PATH somewhere), and it
automatically finds and loads it for you. It will work with MS-DOS,
FreeDOS, or DR-DOS, etc.

(any DJGPP mirror) ... /current/v2misc/ ... csdpmi7b.zip