For file transfers I always used Crosstalk (aka xtalk) for
file transfers. Its very hard to find anywhere. If you
do find it; there isn't any copyright left on it.
I paid the copywrite office $20 to tell me that.
I'd love to have the source code for it.

cheers
DS

>From Dale Sterner - MS organic chemistry
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052