Hi,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 11:16 PM, Karen Lewellen
<klewel...@shellworld.net> wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone else here uses this dos package for any of their
> internet work?
> by contrast  how or if I can still reach the package developer?
> I have a unique issue that I must explore with someone very used to this
> particular  program.

I assume you mean a .ZIP from here? Or else where did you get it from?

http://sshdos.sourceforge.net/

As I vaguely remembered, it was by nagyd (Daniel Nagy), but he hasn't
updated it in years. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing him in
recent years (except when he handed over maintainership of CuteMouse
to resident guru Eric Auer).

SSH2DOS v0.2.1 ... so your filename of "ssh2021b" presumably means
this version. There's also older SSH (v1), but I doubt it works
anymore. I guess?? somebody experienced could get local networks to
work with either, but I dunno. Modern websites don't like old
networking software, so even things like our 2008 build of Wget don't
work on modern sites anymore (e.g. SF.net or Github.com ... although a
newer, less tested, Wget build from 2015 seems to mostly work okay,
but I haven't looked closely yet). I know we all like DOS, but we also
have to be realistic. Whatever works is okay, even if forced to use
other OSes.

Networking is insanely complicated, but I don't understand any of it.
So I'm not much help here. At most, I only barely did some simple
userland stuff under VBox. IIRC, the only person around here (this
mailing list) using it in recent years was Ulrich Hansen. So maybe??
try emailing him privately, if desperate. Or maybe it's better to
search the freedos-* mailing list archives for his posts about SSH. He
also has a website, so try reading up there, in case it helps. Also,
read the wiki, which I think he mostly contributed to.

* https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/?page_id=33
*
http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/Networking_FreeDOS_-_Quick_Networking_HowTo

I hate to recommend people in absentia, they are probably always busy.
But, IIRC, another networking guru was Mateusz Viste. So maybe he'll
chime in sometime.