On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 7:16 AM, David McMackins <cont...@mcmackins.org> wrote:
> I would like to save my settings for EDIT in such a way that they take
> effect everywhere. Seems to me, when I choose to save, it puts a file in
> the current directory, and the settings only work when launching from
> that directory.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

You can modify the code code to do this. The intended functionality is
to use the same path as argv[0] (assuming the program was compiled
with ENABLEGLOBALARGV) otherwise to use the current directory.

In config.c, look for the function BuildFileName(). Here's the code:

void BuildFileName(char *path, const char *fn, const char *ext)
{
    char *cp = path;

/* if Argv[0] is available then open file in same dir as Application binary */
#ifdef ENABLEGLOBALARGV
        strcpy(path, Argv[0]);
        cp = strrchr(path, '\\');
        if (cp == NULL)
                cp = path;
        else
                cp++;
#endif
        strcpy(cp, fn);
        strcat(cp, ext);
}

You can make the edit there to force the config file to be saved/read
in whatever directory you want.

Jim