> > (Speaking personally, I'd love to see *FreeDOS* re-licensed under
> something other than the GPL.)
>
> I don't honestly know if that's even legally possible now that Pat has
> died. (Gotta love legalese, ugh. No, I'm not a lawyer.)

Correct. Re-licensing the code base would require all contributors to agree
to the change. And with Pat's death, there's no way to get Pat to agree to
such a thing.

Also, I am unlikely to change my contributions to something other than GNU
GPL. So that's a non-starter.

But I don't think GNU GPL is a problem for many developers, as Rugxulo also
explains: