Hi!

> Good explanation Thanks

Not really...

> In other word TRIM keeps the cells from being over worked,
> so each cell takes part of the load. This is very new to me.

No, the disk already distributes the stress automatically.
But knowing which areas of the disk are currently unused
helps to do that more efficiently. So it is good but really
optional if operating system drivers or tools help SSD users
by providing TRIM data.

> How can I tell if TRIM is present. Is there a file called trim.exe.

No there is not. Please read the article first:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIM

As you can see, TRIM is something reported by the SSD as
being supported or not. And the filesystem driver may or
may not provide TRIM data, while tools such as hdparm or
mdtrim help you to manually provide such data.

You also see that some drives even have bugs in their TRIM
support which makes Linux AVOID sending them TRIM data :-p

You can read the data sheet of your SSD or use tools such
as Linux hdparm to find out whether your SSD can make use
of TRIM information if it is available. In that case, you
can try to use Windows or Linux tools for FAT filesystems
from time to time to update the TRIM info, or you could
work towards making special defrag, chkdsk or dosfsck tool
versions for DOS and add extensions for creation of TRIM.

Again, it does NOT create any real problem for you to use
SSD which support TRIM in DOS which does not support TRIM.
You might have a few percent speed loss of your SSD might
age a few percent faster, but that is all. You already have
huge speed losses by using DOS at all because you probably
have a multi core 64 bit processor, huge RAM and your SSD
probably supports protocol extensions for multithreaded I/O,
none of which is supported by DOS anyway - it ignores those.

So given all the hardware power which you are knowingly
not using because you limit yourself to DOS, you really
should not worry about that little bit of TRIM tuning.

Regards, Eric