Hi Eric,

> On Feb 9, 2019, at 3:48 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>

> Some quick comments on the FreeDOS 1.3 RC 1 drivers:
>
> You should only load either UIDE or UDVD2 and make
> sure that they have different "/D:...". I guess if
> UIDE does all you need, you could change UDVD2 to a
> commented out alternative. Also, since UIDE already
> does caching, you can comment out LBACACHE as the
> alternative for those who want another cache style,
> in particular for non-EMM configurations, optionally
> combined with UHDD /B as un-cached disk accelerator.
> Using 2 caches simultaneously would cause slow down.

Where do you see that both UIDE and UDVD2 are both being loaded?

All references to UIDE are REM’d out.

As for LBACACHE it is (or at least is supposed to be) only loaded when booting
from the real floppy image. All other media (simulated floppy or not) have
LBACACHE REM’s out.

LBACACHE is only enabled for floppy diskette caching. Without caching it,
running the installer from a real floppy will be quite painfully slow.

If you see LBACACHE not REM’d on anything other than FD13FLOP.IMG, it is a
build bug that I will need to fix.
Same goes for any references to UIDE that are not commented out.

> Cheers, Eric

:-)

Jerome