You can use FDIMPLES to browse and install the additional packages. Also, you
can have it export those differences to a file. Then if you redo, upgrade or
perform additional installs you can have it load that file to make the package
changes you desire. This works for removing packages you never want or ones you
want that aren’t automatically installed.

This could even be done during the initial FreeDOS install when running the OS
installer in advance mode.