Hello,

Virtualbox supports SoundBlaster 16 BUT there is no sound on the game
PakuPaku when played.

I didn't really expect sound because even though Virtualbox merely
mimics the SB16 hardware, no drivers are installed.

The BLASTER environment variables are there in the FDAUTO.BAT file, but
I notice no drivers load in FDCONFIG.SYS so I'm guessing that's because
of licensing.

There's a lot of 'junk' secondhand or worse SB16 driver installers out
there you can find on various websites, but I'm super picky about where
I get my files from.

If I grab SoundBlaster 16 DOS drivers from here (I like getting stuff
from the official source as much as possible)...

https://web.archive.org/web/19980213040248/http://www1.creaf.com:80/wwwnew/tech/ftp/ftpinx.html

...and here...

https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=207&prodID=1842&prodName=Sound%20Blaster%2016&subCatName=Others&CatName=

...and install them, can they be expected to produce sound?

Thanks,

Steve Sybesma