Hi, (sorry I'm late)

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 2:40 PM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> > I have 30 gigs of freespace. I have 2 gigs used out of 32 gigs.
>
> Only FAT32 aware software will be able to notice when
> you have more than 2 GB of free disk space ;-)
>
> Would be interesting to know which software already
> has support and which not. What did you use to check
> for free disk space? Apart from MOVE?

DJGPP utils (2.04 or newer, e.g. "current" 2.05) should work (N.B.
386+, obviously) ... as long as your kernel version is set to 7.
(That's in reference to Win95, aka MS-DOS 7, where FAT32 originated,
OSR2 or whatever.) They still have separate CoreUtils, though
(FileUtils + TextUtils + ShellUtils), hence three .ZIPs in
/current/v2gnu/ :  fil41br2.zip, txt20br2.zip, shl2011br2.zip

Other utils (e.g. MOVE) using older compilers (and older C libraries,
i.e. libc) will probably not work quite as well (atop FAT32). If in
doubt, use the DJGPP (File)utils:  cp.exe, mv.exe, rm.exe, du.exe,
df.exe

* http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/getting.html