I appreciate the response. I'm waiting on a usb to floppy adapter and I'll
leave my real floppy controller disabled for the time being. Purportedly, USB
floppy works in MS-DOS and possibly Freedos as well. It's Windows 98SE that is
questionable because if I'm not mistaken Microsoft screwed up the driver.

March 21, 2020 1:57 PM, "Ralf Quint" <freedos...@gmail.com
(mailto:freedos...@gmail.com?to=%22Ralf%20Quint%22%20<freedos...@gmail.com>)>
wrote:
On 3/20/2020 6:55 PM, mich...@robinson-west.com