What kind of hard drive did you take out? Was it a serial ATA hard drive or an
IDE hard drive?

Have you considered trying Freedos 1.3 RC2?

Make sure you aren't in AHCI mode?

April 23, 2020 7:03 AM, "Ludovico Giorio" <ludovico8...@hotmail.it
(mailto:ludovico8...@hotmail.it?to=%22Ludovico%20Giorio%22%20<ludovico8...@hotmail.it>)>
 wrote:
 Hello everyone,  I'm having a problem installing Freedos 1.1/1.2 on my laptop.
The laptop came shipped with a custom Freedos version from Hp, I installed
Win10 on a second drive, had some problems and need to return the laptop. I
took out the second drive, and the win bootloader was still there. I accessed
the Efi partition and erased the windows bootloader, but doing this I must have
made some mistake, and now the laptop wont boot in Hp dos too.  So, I
downloaded Freedos 1.1/1.2, created a bootable usb with it, restarted on usb
and accessed the installation prompt. Problem is, installation is stuck in a
partitioning loop: after partitioning, the installer starts again anew. I
checked, and the installer can only see my usb, not the hdd inside the laptop.
Message is:"SETUP wasn't able to locate any disks to install FreeDOS 1.1 from."
What am I doing wrong?  I enabled legacy support in Bios. I formatted my hdd in
Fat.  I think that the installer can't see the hd, and don't know why. Is it
because of the hdd format (I made it MBR)? Are there some hdd requirement I m
not aware of?  If someone can help me about this, it would be greatly
appreciated.   Thank you and good luck for the emergency.