Hi Vincent! I would say as long as it has at least a
few megabytes of RAM and at least a 386 CPU, FreeDOS
should run on any PC ;-) Which specific parts are you
worried about? The BIOS will usually support "legacy"
OS such as DOS in helping with USB keyboard and mouse
access and access to any built-in harddisk or SSD.

Even the newest graphics cards should still support
classic text mode and common VGA modes, but there
is a thread in the BTTR forum complaining that some
new graphics cards became too exotic for DOS games.

Note that almost no game for DOS will support current
sound infrastructure such as AC97 or HDA. If you are
looking for sound beyond the PC speaker or beeper, it
is better to run DOS in a virtual environment such as
dosemu2 or a complete generic virtual PC. Using dosemu
has the advantage that you get guest drivers which let
you access a Linux directory as if it was a DOS disk.

Regarding disk sizes: FreeDOS supports only MBR style
partitions yet, no GPT, so you are limited to using
the first 2 TB of your disks. If your BIOS does not
support LBA48, it could even be the first 128 GB.

Regards, Eric

PS: There are some DOS media players which support some
newer sound chips, but I do not know any games which do.