If you want a distraction-free word processor, you might also try Microsoft
Word for DOS 5.5. Microsoft released this as a free (gratis) download from
their website. I covered it in this week's FreeDOS video, on our YouTube
channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXZtThIkF0

Direct download is here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/word97win/Wd55_be/97/WIN98/EN-US/Wd55_ben.exe

Pretty nice features! I liked the graphics mode, so you can actually see
text in *bold*, *italics* and *underline* (instead of seeing them as
colors). And LibreOffice and even Google Docs can import the old Word for
DOS 5.5 files - at least for a simple document, I didn't test all the
styles. (But Microsoft Office 365 can't read the old format, which is too
bad.)

Word is now my favorite word processor for DOS.

Jim