Hello Rugxulo, hello Dennis,

>> What exactly does "semi-working" mean? It seems like graphics commands
>> aren't supported? That's no biggie (IMHO) as long as it can do simple
>> file I/O.

Well, direct commands seem to be working quite OK.  But yes, large
chunks of functionality --- graphics, (PC speaker) audio,
serial/parallel ports, etc. --- are simply not there yet.  And, I have
not quite fully tested the parts that are there.

There is still a long way to go, and I can probably use some help here.

Thank you. I never understand when people prefer ancient MASM over modern JWasm.

Well, this GW-BASIC version (1983) was written before JWasm even
existed.  (I guess we cannot fault the Microsoft developers then for not
catering to a build tool that simply wasn't.)

On a side note, you're using GNU Make and AWK (to cross-build?). I do
wonder if DJGPP Make (or even other AWK implementations) would work
for us here.

DJGPP make is mainly just a port of GNU make, is it not?  As for the AWK
portion, I have tested my script for munging the GW-BASIC source files
with both GNU awk (gawk) and mawk.

Awk is still useful on *nix - various things like build recipes may
use it in scripts - but for most purposes, perl has replaced it.  (I
consider that a pity.  Awk is smaller and faster, and perl may be
overkill for a lot of what you might need to do.  Former Busybox

Agreed.  In fact I wrote an earlier version of my source-file-munging
script in Perl, but later rewrote it in AWK. :-)

Thank you!

--
https://github.com/tkchia