On 8/31/2020 11:28 AM, ZB wrote:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:10:56AM -0700, Ralf Quint wrote:

On 8/31/2020 10:44 AM, ZB wrote:

2. It could keep "history" for last, say. twenty-thirty command-line entries
    (available as usual with Up/Down keys).

A second issue is that a lot of those tools are created for low resource
environment, so adding all those editing features to it can increase the
size of their executables. Beside that you can easily get to the point where
it makes more sense to use a bigger, more "advanced" program with things
like full screen editing in the first place.
My estimation is it'll "cost" from 200 to 500 bytes more - and, please note,
we aren't talking about "adding bloat", but about making command line more
useful and comfortable. Why these keys should stay "dead"? Let's use them!

If you are trying to keep 20 lines in the "history" and even assuming you limit the length of an entry line to 40 characters, that's already 800 bytes, just for the buffer space...

But in any case, FreeDOS DEBUG is open source, so feel free to try and add this and see how much work it is (and if it is worth the effort)... ;-)

Ralf