On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 08:11:48PM +0200, Eric Auer wrote:

> Hi ZB,
>
> > 1. I believe it would be handy if it could immediately after its start
> >   perform 'r' (show registers' contents). Usually we're going to have
> >   a look at that first when using "debug". Even if we aren't - having
> >   these two lines on the screen immediately after start won't do any harm.
>
> It can harm if you do batch processing. And WHY do you perform "r"
> at the start? I always only look at "r" AFTER doing things which
> will have sent interesting data to the registers, NOT before.

Well, I'll survive without this - but I believe commad-line editing keys
(that I have just in front of me) beg to be used. ;)

I'm aware most of original DOS utilities didn't use these - but I believe
there's no need to keep that "dark side" of DOS legacy. FreeODS tools
can - and should - be better than original ones.

> Mercury also suggests Ctrl-Arrow for word-wise cursor movements.

It would be handy too, I agree
--
regards,
Zbigniew