Thanks, Eric:

Which changes have
you applied to load the network things?

Upon Frank's following package, I used Ubuntu's Archive Manager to extract the contents. Then I used a USB stick to transfer the directories to my FreeDOS PC. So in the latter's C: directory, are MSNET, MTCPAPPS, and PKTDRV.

http://frantisek.rysanek.sweb.cz/FD_NET.zip

Following Frank's later advice, on my FreeDOS PC, I dropped the cursor to C:\MSNET>, and typed "start". After seeing a couple of screens of stuff fly past, I was able to ping my router! Similarly I have been able to ping devices from each other. Thus my FreeDOS PC can minimally communicate with the printer.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/