Bret, you are one of the few people who know how
to write USB software. How did you learn to do it?
Are there any good books on the subject?

cheers
DS

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 04:15:55 GMT "Bret Johnson" <bretj...@juno.com>
writes:
> > Bret, if we talk about real hardware with FreeDOS (or even DOS),
> using
> > your USB drivers. Is there any way to attach an USB gamepad and
> have
> > some kind of program that maps that USB gamepad as a game port
> > gamepad, so old games that use the gameport can work with a USB
> > gamepad?
>
> That's exactly what the USB drivers do, though it can be fairly
> complicated to setup, and again only works with certain hardware.
> There are several factors to consider -- the first is to make sure
> you have a compatible (UHCI) USB Host Controller.  UHCI Host
> Controllers are made by either Intel or Via.  Probably the
> best/easiest way to do that is to download the USB drivers from my
> web site (http://bretjohnson.us) and run the USBHOSTS program.  It
> will tell you what kind(s) of USB host controllers you have
> installed.  If they're not UHCI, my drivers won't work.

Weeks After Reopening, Bad News for Broadway
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/6155c9bb7c76d49bb1ac0st03duc1
Prison Riot Leaves 116 Dead, 5 of Them Beheaded
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/6155c9bb9b78e49bb1ac0st03duc2
Life Will Mean Life for Sarah Everard Killer
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/6155c9bbbaa5e49bb1ac0st03duc3