On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 12:57:54PM +0200, Frantisek Rysanek wrote:

Thank you for detailed explanation. So it doesn't look that good. :(

Maybe I was a little bit too fast.

Just one thing:

> Note that the SandyBridge that you have purchased has been phased out
> by Intel relatively recently - and is about 9 generations old by now.
> The last 2-3 generations of Intel x86 CPU's come with UEFI without
> the BIOS-legacy-compatible CSM - even in the industrial portfolio.
> Technically these are not PC's anymore, in the sense that you cannot
> boot DOS (or Windows up to XP for that matter) on their bare metal,
> and Win7 only in theory.

But I've found a manual to this mobo:

https://www.ibase-europe.com/english/down.php?hFFile=en_downloada_caty01425982786.pdf

It clearly shows "BIOS configuration" -- so my impression was it's able to
cooperate with DOS? Or am I missing something?
--
regards,
Zbigniew