On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 12:57:54PM +0200, Frantisek Rysanek wrote:

> I've got bad news. This likely isn't gonna work for you.
> On the MB960, the ISA slot is implemented using the famous IT8888
> PCI/ISA bridge.

Indeed I could google some more before purchasing it:

 https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=636980#p636980

#v+
  just got an MB960AF board to play around with and wanted to let you guys
  know, I tested with a SB16 card and was able to get OPL and MPU working,
  though no digitized sounds.

  Diagnose.exe reports "failure to set low DMA". So no DMA / PCPCI support
  out of the box.
#v-

I was a little bit overjoyed I've found "the final solution"  :]

Well at least it's confirmed it works under DOS' control. Though not 100%
I was expecting, unfortunately
--
regards,
Zbigniew