Jerome,

> First, the new versions would need to be checked to ensure compatibility.
> They would probably be fine. But, testing would still need done. I honestly
> just done have the time for that at present.

This work is, in part, the result of doing coverage testing on the distribution.

> But, I think it is to late to consider such a large unplanned change this
> close to the release 1.3-RC5.

Note that this fixes the fails-to-install-all-packages-with-source bug
in the latest release candidate.

> I appreciate the effort you put into creating a PowerShell script to repack
> the repository. However, I do not know if we are going to do that.

This bash script does the same thing.  The file is also in the shared
folder in case the listserv mangles it here.  I will submit PRs for
additional work now that I know about the Gitlab account.

#!/bin/bash
# fdrepack.sh: FreeDOS repository repacking script.

fdrepack ()
{
  TMPDIR=$(mktemp -d)
  pushd "$TMPDIR" >/dev/null
  unzip -q "$1"

  if [[ -d 'SOURCE' ]]
  then
    pushd 'SOURCE' >/dev/null
    for ii in *.7[Zz]
    do
      if [[ -r "$ii" ]]
      then
        # Force the source package name to uppercase.
        mkdir $(basename "${ii@U}" '.7Z')
        pushd $(basename "${ii@U}" '.7Z') >/dev/null
        7z x "../$ii"
        popd >/dev/null
        rm "$ii"
      fi
    done
    for ii in *.[Zz][Ii][Pp]
    do
      if [[ -r "$ii" ]]
      then
        # Force the source package name to uppercase.
        mkdir $(basename "${ii@U}" '.ZIP')
        pushd $(basename "${ii@U}" '.ZIP') >/dev/null
        unzip -q "../$ii"
        popd >/dev/null
        rm "$ii"
      fi
    done

    for ii in *
    do
      if pushd "$ii" >/dev/null
      then
        # Unpack and delete old LFN source archives.
        find -maxdepth 1 -type f -iname sources.7z -exec 7z x {} \;
-exec rm {} \;
        find -maxdepth 1 -type f -iname sources.zip -exec unzip -q {}
\; -exec rm {} \;
        # Using the store method here makes upstream sources solid in
the package zip.
        zip -0Xoqr "../${ii@U}.ZIP" .
        popd >/dev/null
        rm -rf "$ii"
      fi
    done
    popd >/dev/null
  fi

  # Use InfoZIP here for the -k and -o switches.
  zip -0Xkoqr "${1}.repack"
  advzip -k -p -z -3 -i 15 "${1}.repack"
  mv "${1}.repack" "${1}"
  popd >/dev/null
  rm -rf "$TMPDIR"
}

export -f fdrepack
find ~+ -type f -iname \*.zip -exec bash -c 'fdrepack "{}"' \;