On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 21:29, Darrin M. Gorski <dar...@gorski.net> wrote:

> > Same _time_? Eeeeek! That sounds like a recipe for file corruption.
> > No, not tried and don't want to. But surely that isn't what you meant?
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I mean - concurrency.  My DOS use case is a
> multi-node BBS which needs a (safe) shared file system.  (solved with MSNET
> and Samba)

I was replying to Jim, not you.

But honestly, if you want to multitask DOS apps, use an OS designed to
do that: namely Windows, or in the early 1990s, OS/2 2 or later.

Doing it on an alien OS not designed for it sounds suicidal to me, TBH
-- to be asking for file/data corruption.

> I would guess that linux people running DOS probably also virtualize other
> OSes (windows and linux come to mind) - why use multiple tools?

That is precisely my question.

I use different tools for different jobs if there is a particular tool
that is better for a particular job. In this instance, one is.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lpro...@gmail.com