Jim Hall wrote

At least HP stopped referring to "FreeDOS 3.0" on their website. I had sent
them a "cease and desist" letter about that, when you originally mentioned it.
We don't have a FreeDOS "3.0" distribution, so I said HP needed to stop
confusing users with that version label. They changed all references from
"FreeDOS 3.0" to just "FreeDOS" after I sent the letter.

I know that this current topic is "dead" (to me) and the above paragraph by Jim
was really the answer I needed for closure (very clear-cut). Misunderstanding
by me when replies to me say just "typo" or such - WITHOUT stating what the
FULL CORRECTION should be (to clarify matters for any future readers).

If you have a few minutes to waste time on...

Just for fun, refer to the following links (as of 10 minutes ago)... and paying
attention to dates

hp zbook fury g8
https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c07606964

hp zbook firefly g8 specs (<-- see date for MS Bing Search Result)
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06978741https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06978741

The firefly model was released shortly before the fury model and actually
mentions FreeDOS 1.2.

Maybe HP does not know about FreeDOS 1.3?

Richard
HP ZBook Firefly 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation
Specifications<https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06978741>
5G module is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase. Requires
activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service
provider for coverage and availability in your area.
support.hp.com

HP ZBook Firefly 15.6 inch G8 Mobile Workstation
Specifications<https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06978741>
5G module is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase. Requires
activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service
provider for coverage and availability in your area.
support.hp.com

HP ZBook Fury 15.6 Inch G8 Mobile Workstation
PC<https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c07606964>
QuickSpecs HP ZBook Fury 15.6 Inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC Features c07606964
— DA – 16852 —Worldwide — Version 18 — January 18, 2022 Page 5 1 Multicore is
designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers
or software applications will
www8.hp.com