Phil Reynolds said:

>It seems I have broken packages - got networking now but having a lot

>of problems otherwise. Any easy way to square it all up again?

You really did not give much info about problems you have.

I will try a guess:

First you can try: -cpu=host (rather than -cpu 486)

this will execute programs with the CPU in your computer rather than with an
emulated 486

You could remove:

-machine pc-i440fx-4.2

If the problem is about your USB mouse not working... remove usb=off

Here are options you can try to remove (because I don't know what they do ;-) ):

-overcommit mem-lock=off -no-user-config -nodefaults -rtc
base=utc,driftfix=slew -no-hpet

-sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=deny,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny

-msg timestamp=on