On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 4:55 PM Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (Disclaimer: I've never personally used TeX but am still aware of it.)

I have used it a bit,  but can't imagine doing it under DOS

TeX is another gift to the computing world from  Donald A Knuth,

The primary usage I've seen for TeX is typesetting mathematical
equations.  Non-ASCII characters. superscript and subscript and the
like a grist for TeX's mill,

The reason I can see for trying to use TeX under DOS is having  a TeX
source file I want to render.  That would likely be to a printed page,
and would presume a printer capable of properly rendering the file.
(I'm not aware of a TeX viewer for DOS. though I suppose if you could
dump the out as an image file a DOS image viewer might serve.)
_____+_
Dennis