> On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 at 17:31, Maruko Marchena <marcoanhuam...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> good day to all, a query, how can I get FreeDOS, according to HP told me
> that I have to request them from you to be able to generate the tests
> with your equipment, otherwise, the guarantee does not continue. First
> of all, Thanks

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 6:24 AM Liam Proven <lpro...@gmail.com> wrote:

[..]
> * You can download FreeDOS from the website you presumably found this list
> from:
> http://www.freedos.org/download/
>
> What do you mean by "tests with your equipment"? The FreeDOS project
> doesn't make any equipment. If you're asking about HP kit, ask HP.
> FreeDOS is nothing to do with HP; HP just puts FreeDOS on some
> machines to avoid paying Microsoft for Windows licences.

Correct, FreeDOS doesn't make hardware. HP (and a few other vendors)
install FreeDOS on their hardware as a low-cost alternative to
Windows, but we don't have any relationship with those vendors.

I'm making a guess, but I think your question is because HP
distributes a really old version of FreeDOS (I think FreeDOS 1.1) and
you would like to download FreeDOS 1.3 (the latest version)? As Liam
said, download the FreeDOS 1.3 LiveCD from our website at
http://www.freedos.org/download/ and use that to install FreeDOS on
your PC. You will need to "write" or "burn" the LiveCD image to a
CDROM or other install media to boot it on your computer.

Jim