Hi,

I am trying install FreeDOS on my computer (not virtual) now for a while and failing long enough to acknowledge that I need to ask for help.

Last time I installed DOS I was using a 486 with a diskette drive. My daily driver is Linux since the last 20 years.

I have been using two 32gb SD-cards. When I write the ISO of my Linux distro to the SD-cards I can boot from those SD cards without a problem.

When I write the FreeDOS ISO to the SD-cards or the FreeDOS USB version , the IMG  file, to the  SD-cards it gives nothing. When I select the device to boot from it just jumps back to the boot device select menu of my BIOS. No error.

Have written the FreeDOS ISO to both DS-cards with check of the write was correct. And also with the IMG file. Makes not difference.

I must be missing something obvious.

Would appreciate suggestions.

The computer I am trying to boot it from is this very modest mini-pc, using the usb-port with a SD-to-usb adapter. Has an Intel Celeron J4115.

https://www.bmax-eu.com/collections/bmax-mini-pc/products/bmax-b2-plus

Thanks,

Walter